Thursday, August 4, 2011

This must be my lucky-birthday month...Hello August :)

Hey guys! This week has been pretty exciting so far. I've been reaching out to businesses in my area, telling them about what I'm doing and who I'm supporting, and the feedback has been nothing but the best! It really helps motivate me even more, knowing that I have my community's support. I got to meet so many great people yesterday, and I hope to be able to work with them in the near future. 

I also got my first sponsorship this week! Thanks to the wonderful Consolidated Design West - CDW, they've already helped me get past my half-way mark! If you are in the Southern California area and are looking for quality printing, packaging, displays, and advertisement, check out their site and give them a call. They're known for their amazing reputation and customer service, and you won't be disappointed. Thank you so much, CDW! I'm so thankful for their help and support.  


Along with that, I was offered a few really exciting opportunities yesterday that I can't wait to share - Starting with a total revamping of the Original Martino's Bakery. If you live in the Burbank area and have yet to go to Martino's, you are missing out! You have not lived until you've had one of their legendary teacakes! You can expect to see that the week of September 6th-10th, 2011. It's going to be the new "IT" place for teens. What else could be better than an unlimited supply of sweets?! Daily events for that week will be announced soon. :)


I've got a few things that I'm particularly excited about, and I'll drop a few hints ;) I will be teaming up with the Dream Again Campaign to help raise awareness for human trafficking, which is probably one of the most exciting pieces of news I've gotten, thus far. Updates on that will be coming soon! Until then, new pendants will be launching this Friday, 08/05/11! If you're interested, make sure to check those out come Friday. All of the profit goes straight to the Love 146 foundation that supports the victims of human slavery. If you want to find out how you can support these campaigns, check out the Dream Again Campaign & Love 146.

Speaking of the Dream Again Campaign....I have a wee-bit of an obsession with makeup (I promise, there's a connection between this story and the campaign!). This little obsession of mine started out about 3-4 years ago, from watching beauty and makeup how-to's on YouTube. Two of my all time favorite guru's are Elle and Blair Fowler (AllThatGlitters21 & Juicystar07). Which is why you can probably imagine my excitement when I saw this! 

I must admit, this was an "OMGHHKP" moment, for all who watch Blair (JuicyStar07)  :)
These young ladies are so incredibly talented, and I'm so happy for their recent successes. Their website/blog Elle & Blair, pieces in Seventeen Magazine, a Teen Choice Award (I've been voting every day!)?! I'm so happy to see that they've been able to reach the point of success that they're at now, and I wish them nothing but the best! But that's all I'm going to say for now, you'll just have to read my next few posts for more exciting news. ;)


That's about it for now! Remember to check out my Facebook: Taylor Ridge - Miss California Teen USA and my Twitter (which is also posted on the right-hand side): TaylorMRidge. Remember to check back weekly (or more often) for updates. I had quite a long, busy day today - driver's training, school, gym & training, emails, Facebook messages, blogs! Oy vey....this is that time of the day where my nice, comfy bed sounds very welcoming. Goodnight, moon. :) Sweet dreams!


xoxo -T



No comments:

Post a Comment